Forget your password?
  • Open Search Dialog
Home > Training Programs > Transportation > Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) for Hazardous Materials

Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) for Hazardous Materials

Prepare to fulfill the stated-administered knowledge requirement for your hazardous materials (H) endorsement.

$345.00 (USD)

Have a question?We're here to help







You've got questions.
We're here to help.

Our highly knowledgeable Enrollment Specialists will answer any questions you might have about the course and payment options.




What is the refund policy for this ELDT training course?

This course does not fall under the ed2go standard refund policies. Once access to the course is provided, no refunds will be allowed.

What are the hazmat endorsement requirements?

The hazardous materials (H) endorsement is required to operate a vehicle that contains hazardous materials. A written knowledge test is needed to obtain a hazmat endorsement. To apply for an H endorsement on your CDL, you need to meet all the following basic conditions:

  • Must be at least 21 years of age.
  • Be a U.S citizen, legal permanent resident.
  • Have held a valid commercial learner's permit (CLP) and/or a temporary license or Employment Authorization Document to earn a hazardous material endorsement or a valid CDL.
  • Pass a knowledge test for H endorsement.
  • Undergoing a Federal Security Threat Assessment (background check) is required for any drivers, whether intending to obtain, renew or transfer a hazardous materials endorsement on a state-issued commercial driver's license.

How many questions are on the Hazmat Endorsement test?

Most state CDL hazmat tests, also known as the Hazmat Endorsement Knowledge Exam or HazMat endorsement written test, are usually made up of 30 items of the total question. However, this may differ depending on the state where you live. To pass your CDL hazmat test, you will need to receive a score of at least 80%. This score correlates to 24 correct answers or more.

How much does a hazmat truck driver make?

According to Glassdoor.com, the estimated total pay for a Class A CDL driver/hazmat tanker is $75,680 per year in the U.S., with an average salary of $63,100 per year. These numbers represent the median—the estimated additional pay is $12,581 per year. Additional pay could include cash bonuses, commission, tips, and profit sharing.

Does this course prepare you for a certification?

This course includes the required ELDT theory exams for each of the units; it does NOT include the cost of the CDL test or other state exam charges.

When can I start this course?

This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.

Can I register for courses if I am an international student?

Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.

How long does it take to complete this course?

After you register, you will receive 3 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.

What if I don't have enough time to complete the course within the time frame provided?

The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.

What kind of support will I receive?

The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.

What happens when I complete the course?

Upon successfully passing the final exam, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the school or organization that you registered through.

Am I guaranteed a job?

ed2go courses will help you gain the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. However, you should always research the job market in your area before enrolling.

Can I get financial assistance?

ed2go courses are non-credit, so they do not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA, and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards may provide funding to take our courses. Additionally, you may qualify for financial assistance if you meet certain requirements. Learn more about financial assistance.

How can I get more information about this course?

If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us."

You've got questions.
We're here to help.

Our highly knowledgeable Enrollment Specialists will answer any questions you might have about the course and payment options.

Kennesaw State University
Community and Professional Education
1000 Chastain Rd. #3301
College of Professional Education
Kennesaw, GA 30144 US

Copyright © 1997 - 2023 All rights reserved. The material on this site cannot be reproduced or redistributed unless you have obtained prior written permission from Cengage Learning. Privacy Policy