This course must be taken on a PC. A Mac or Chromebook OS is not compatible.
A motherboard capable of client-side virtualization:
- A 64-bit CPU
- UEFI firmware
- Hardware virtualization support in UEFI
Access to copper Ethernet cable-making tools and equipment:
- RJ-45 connectors
- A crimping tool
- Cat5, Cat5e, or Cat6 cable to practice on
- PC: Windows 10 or 11 (Pro, Education, or Enterprise edition recommended but not essential).
- Administrative permissions in Windows that enable you to install new applications
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word Online
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- A reliable high-speed Internet connection
- Other: Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements: Confirm
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The textbook for the Network+ and Security+ courses are accessed via links in the course lessons.
- CompTIA Network+ Guide to Networks, by Jill West
- CompTIA Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals, by Mark Ciampa